This week we took it upon ourselves to completely migrate our servers from an ancient ThePlanet dedicated rig to a spiffy federation of services. Our new www.puppygames.net website now lives on a teeny tiny SliceHost.com slice, and the MySQL database has moved completely away into the Cloud. Or Amazon RDS to be precise. The new website runs APC, speeding up our rather cranky PHP code, and all of our images and downloads now live on SimpleCDN.net. SliceHost enables us to ramp the power of our server literally in a couple of hours up to something with ten times the power.
This we will need to do fairly shortly, as big things are afoot, and it is probable our new server is going to get a hammering in about 2 weeks’ time, because that’s when the final beta release comes out, which might well be the last chance to get the game at its l33t price of $13.37! Shortly after that comes… the real release! And we have an extra special surprise up our sleeves. Oh yes. More special than you can possibly imagine.
While you cogitate about that, you might want to pick up the latest beta 1.62 of Revenge of the Titans from here (direct links to avoid CDN cache):
- Fixed: restart in survival mode didn’t erase old mobs and such
- Fixed: crash in Survival mode due to aliens not actually being done yet
- Fixed: prevent user from entering dubious characters in slot names
- Fixed: reactivate factories when crystal appears nearby in Survival mode
- Fixed: Crash in Endless on level 4 (sadly your existing Endless mode games still won’t work)
New Features and Enhancements
- Removed slightly pointless confirmation dialogs from end game screen
- Perma-unlock technology in Survival mode
- Survival: total research now contributes to difficulty factor
- Survival: alien and boss types now limited by your maximum visited world in campaign mode
- Survival: slightly slower rate of initial crystal production
- Survival: when can’t unlock any more gidrahs, difficult increased slowly
- Turrets now wait 8 ticks before finding a new target having lost one (performance issue)
- Flying gids should be able to fire bullets out of the mountains
- Tank gids bombs not detonating on hitting buildings
As usual, all comments, feedback and so on are welcome and encouraged! We’ve got 2 weeks left till the final beta, so best get your thoughts in quickly.