Titans Rescue Old Lady’s Cat From Tree
Well, if by “rescue” you mean “eat and then stomp the tree into the ground”, then this is an accurate headline for a slightly more mundane but much more significant event, which is the release of Revenge of the Titans 1.4! This is a tweaky bugfixing sort of release that addresses all the pesky issues that made it into the slightly rushed Mars release, and is 1,000,000 times much more betterer. The Saturn release won’t suffer these problems, oh no. That’s because we’re going to take a little bit longer over Saturn to make sure it’s not so broken this time. Expect Saturn (the 1.5 release) to be in approximately 6 weeks time. On Saturn you can expect to find rather irritating flying Titans that drop bombs. In the meantime, download v1.4 because it’s a great improvement on 1.3.
- Fixed: difficulty calculation wrong way around
- Fixed: 50%/25% typo in building/research description for Silos
- Fixed: Mouse speed not persisted between sessions
- Fixed: Mars boss won’t die (general gidrah problem: when told to die they should die)
- Fixed: hotkeys suppressed when screen becomes unblocked until key is released
- Fixed: ESC from menu quits game instead of simply closing the menu!
- Fixed: spider attack sound
- Fixed: Assertion failure: removing a cooling tower
- Fixed: Can lay factory nowhere near crystals if move mouse fast enough
- Allow barricades to squash trees, cars, etc
- Adjusted monetary value of Mars gidrahs up a little
- Crystals now spread out randomly
- Decoy now costs $2500
- ESC key works on research screen (and RETURN does NEXT LEVEL)
- Increased fire rate of droids a little
- Minimum range for rocket launchers
- Only show full address on first registration
- Reactors now only $500
- Stopped boss from being knocked back or easily stunned
- Spread crystals out more depending on research difficulty & attempts
- Tweak rush difficulty
- Tick queens spawn slighly more ticklets when they pop
Your Thoughts Appreciated About…
I mooted a little thought with Chaz earlier on… the gist of which is this: we’ve been working on Revenge of the Titans for, hmm, two and a half years now, and we’d like to see the back of it so we can do something even more utterly cool, like Minecraft perhaps, but with blackjack, and hookers. So I pondered this question:
What if we ditched Titan, the “world”, and made the moons of Saturn be the last “world”, ending with Titan?
And then we add the Endless and Survival modes to make up for the missing 10 levels. I’m not sure how much more we could add to the game in Titan without possibly making it feel a little… stretched, if you see what I mean. Apart from flying Titans that drop bombs, there were going to be Titans that actually shot back, and, er, that was about it, for things I was going to add in Titan itself. Perhaps we should just have shooty gidrahs on the Saturn levels already?
The Saturn levels are already going to take as long to actually physically play through as the whole of Earth, Moon and Mars combined — the levels get longer and longer to make some real epics — so would we really lose anything significant here? I know that as a gamer I’d be thinking, “More levels! More levels!” but … and it’s a big but… I know I’d probably also be thinking, “…but the new game modes would be more fun really.”
Any thoughts on what to do? Would you rather Endless/Survival modes instead of 10 more levels? Do you insist on both? Do you want us to start writing another even cooler game?