Thanks to all you lovely beta testing user types, we’ve recorded and squished no less than 13 bugs in Revenge of the Titans, and tweaked the balance just a teeny bit. The freshly-baked result is v1.80.1, available at the usual locations – install over the top of the old one. As usual Jeffrey will be taking care of the Humble Bundle versions, however, it takes 2 hours for the files to upload to his server, so there will be a little wait for you. I’ll update the server notification message when Jeffrey confirms it’s all uploaded (that’s the thing that tells you there’s a new version available on the title screen)
Unfortunately due to a bit of an oversight, er, once again it’s possible that you might lose your progress, but only if you’re on Windows. But wait! There is a remedy. You know how there’s this revenge_of_the_titans_1.80 directory in your user home folder, in which lies all your saved games and prefs and such? Well, just rename that folder, prepending its name with a single period “.” character. Then all will be well.
Here’s what’s fixed, new and notable:
- Fixed: survival crash when only completed Earth missions after 40 minutes
- Fixed: functions keys keyboard shortcuts now work
- Fixed: crash when > 9 powerups
- Fixed: Linux shellscript saved logs in two slightly different locations
- Fixed: powerup numbers sometimes out of sync with button enabledness
- Fixed: multibarrel technology description
- Fixed: tangleweb shouldn’t slow down flying gidrahs, gidlets, or wraiths
- Fixed: gidlet spawned on tangleweb got stuck and couldn’t move
- Fixed: hover effects not being removed when right-clicking to pick up build mode
- Fixed: building effects now hidden when can’t build because hovering over other UI elements
- Fixed: couldn’t click when hovering over top HUD element
- Fixed: missing dot in settings folder name on Windows
- Fixed: exploding gidrahs not going off
New Features and Enhancements
- Option to not degrade difficulty when level restarted (for hardcore perfectionists only!)
- Lasers either target ground or air targets but not both at the same time
- Lasers targeting air targets only hit air targets but can fire over mountains etc.
- Battle postmortem in mission failed screen tries to offer a few hints
- Slightly easier Earth levels, slightly harder later levels
- Survival mode slightly harder
- Special offer on Decoys! Now only $1500!
- Your inventory of powerups now contributes to the overall difficulty of a level. Hoard them at your peril!
- Refactored powerups cycling code so it’s saved in metastate
- Included MSVCR90.dll in Windows build; seems that OpenAL-Soft requires it and it isn’t present on some systems
- New internal version number invalidates all slots (and hence, progress)
- Replaced StringBuffers with StringBuilders
Sorry these blog posts are so boring these days! Hopefully I won’t have to do any more emergency fixy things in the near future and I’ll be able to do a bunch of more enlightened and interesting bits of wisdom, like a postmortem, musings on the Humble Indie Bundle, how much money we earn, and what the next game’s going to be. You’d all like that, yes?