Well, you know how it is: you toil away in obscurity for 5 years and then all of a sudden everyone wants to play your new game, all at the same time. So your server is flattened as if by a tsunami of eager Earth Commanders eager to turn the tables the advancing Titan hordes, and boom! the registration key generator dribbles its last, expiring quietly, without telling anyone.
We’re working with BMTMicro right now to get everyone their registration codes which didn’t come through. I’ve got about 50 emails to reply to and assure everyone that everything’s ok! We got all your orders in the BMT database, but they just need to be sent over to our server now. Stay tuned!
By the way – don’t play past the end of the Moon yet! Mars and so on are completely not at all done at all, with just placeholder graphics and aliens that aren’t even drawn right and have the wrong hit points etc. etc. – it’ll be very boring! Mars should be coming at the end of June, and you’ll have to deal with wraiths and gidlets!
While BMT help sort out the problems we’d just like to thank everyone massively for helping us out and for being extremely patient while we get the problems fixed. We’re reading every single little bit of feedback or commentary all over the whole internet and I’ll be making all sorts of little improvements and tweaks based directly on your feedback.
In the meantime I’ve got to hold down a day job 9 – 5 thing while dealing with all of this still – and guess what we’re doing at work? Yes, releasing a big bit of software this week, which doesn’t work yet.
Back to panicing.
UPDATE: the key generator was fixed as of last night, and looking at the stats this morning, everything’s working fine, so hopefully no more problems with new registrations. Things are slow with BMT to sort the backlog though, so we’ll manually register those today. Everything should be sorted by end of today. Phew.
UPDATE: manually registered all those that the key generator had previously failed, they should all now be working fine… and then it breaks again currently waiting for Cas to return to fix.
UPDATE: that was me just being daft – key gen is working, database was blocked cos i was adding stuff to it manually. doh. Everyone now should have keys. Hurrah!
UPDATE: nope, not just me being daft, it’s still not quite right Still only affecting a few people, apologies to them. I’ve manually added the recent few – all up-to-date at the mo.