Having been awake for about 60 of the last 72 hours I thought I would idly fix a few bugs and tweak the game in all sorts of unimaginably silly ways. Unfortunately coding till 530am does not make for great design decisions so it is quite possibly the case that I have gone and broken it all. Rather than trust my own shrivelled tired old tiny brain instead I find it easier to unleash the results, Revenge of the Titans 1.72, on you, our unsuspecting audience.
PANIC! Thanks to 100,000 Bundlers I now have literally 200 support emails to get through in my inbox. I will try to answer each one but it’s going to take some time!
UPDATE Bundlers: your download links from www.humblebundle.com will now download the new 1.72 version! Please grab as soon as you can!
- Fixed: reprocessors should require extraction tuning to be researched (still todo: update graphic in research screen)
- Fixed: no sound on building things
- Fixed: Linux .deb installations
- Fixed: ESC key now correctly cancels build mode and sell mode
- Fixed: desktop shortcut on Windows
New Features and Enhancements
- Can now specify vx, vy, vw, and vh on commandline to perfectly position the game inside a fullscreen display (useful on strange multimonitor setups) (Linux only for now)
- Maximum of 4 refineries to crystal. Surplus refineries wait idle until one of the other refineries is full.
- Very slight reduction in crystals on later levels
- Crystal distribution now biased to move larger crystals further from base. Hah!
- Reprocessor research cost back up to $15k. You should realise just how important reprocessors are now!
- Buffed Saturn and Titan gidrahs as they were a bit of a pushover
- Titan gidrahs now have longer ranged weaponry
- Commandline args now accepted by the Windows executable – however, I broke it slightly in this build so it’s not active yet.
- Upgraded to LWJGL 2.6 in the hope some of the odd bugs are ironed out – unfortunately buggering up any Mac users stuck on Java 1.4
- Title screen server messages now have variables in them so I can point people at a different website for the HIB#2 build (next patch)
- Included a new game parameter, “download”, to point people at where to download the latest version
- Game now has an internal version number, in case I need to bump the apparent version number but without breaking everyone’s saved games
I’m really really sorry about breaking everyone’s campaigns yet again for 1.72 but the balance changes were a bit too significant. If you really really want to you can copy your campaign files from the ~Revenge Of The Titans 1.71/slots directory into the 1.72 directory and they’ll be OK.
It is possible I have made this version too hard, but due to time constraints I didn’t manage to play past the end of the Moon so I’m not sure how it goes. It is supposed to get pretty challenging by Mars though, and require concentration, skill, and strategy to prevail. This ain’t your mom’s tower defence, this is a proper RTS. Albeit a turtley one, haha.
Flames, trolls, vitriol and praise will all be handled with the usual cheerful aplomb in the comments below.