At last, after a couple of delays involving house moves, panicking TV stations, and the unexpectedly early completion of a new game mode, we are proud to announce Revenge of the Titans v1.61! Without further ado, here are direct download links for our blog followers (the proles get the simplecdn cached stuff with varying degrees of success).
- Fixed: Garbage collector crash – don’t use G1 on Java 6!
- Fixed: selling buildings just before level end to get double money!
- Fixed: shield generators keep getting more expensive every level
- Fixed: Missing research link in tree: heavy blaster -> blast cannon
- Fixed: Superfluous link between heavy blaster -> assault cannon
- Fixed: Slot selection screen only showed Basingstoke – Earth – $0
- Fixed: when a building is shielded, after the Invuln powerup finishes the shield sprites are gone
- Fixed: removing droid factories, shield generators and silos didn’t reset their price
New Features and Enhancements
- Survival mode!
- New map generator code: better wiggly tunnels from spawnpoints to map
- Stop gids from spawning when freeze mode on
- New hint: don’t overspend on research
- New hint: boss level -> save your cash!
- Removed the turret aiming lag – didn’t like it
- Increase initial gidrah delay based on level size
- Increase range of disruptor slightly to 110px from 96px
- Decreased damage of disruptor from 25 to 16
- Nerfed multiblaster from 4 to 3 points damage
- Nerfed spreader cannon from 4 to 3 points damage
- Nerfed assault cannon from 8 to 7 points damage
- Powerup drops last a bit longer before vanishing
- Even more crystals
- Mars gidrahs nerfed somewhat
- Droid factory: now each droid factory can produce at most 8 droids
- Droid factory: production rate slowed down by 50%
- Droid factory: …but factories now only cost $1000+$1000 per factory
- Queue gidrah route recalculations on building so they don’t all happen at once
- Increased memory allocation for the VM to 256mb
- Reduced max GC pause to 3ms (Windows only)
Lucky registered users have a new mode to play. It is unlocked after completing the Earth missions. When you select a survival mode game, you get to choose the world (from the set of worlds you’ve seen so far with that profile), and just for fun, you can choose the rockiness of the terrain. The buildings you have available to you are the buildings you have researched so far in campaign mode.
You are expected to lose. Probably quite fast. The aliens will rapidly become overwhelmingly deadly. The idea is to get a base together as fast as you can and defend it as long as you can. Notice that you don’t earn money for killing gidrahs! The only way to get cash is mining crystals, which spawn every now and again, or pickups.
Your best time for a particular world/terrain combination are also recorded. Let’s hear some hiscores!
All Good Things Must Come To An End…
…or become a bit more expensive, anyway! But only as expensive as to be able to afford a helping of mushy peas with one’s pie and ale. The Ultrabundle is now just a tiny weeny bit more than it was, assuming you think that $2 is tiny weeny like us. It’s still ultracheap if you’ve not picked it up already, and it will get more expensive again while we experiment with prices in the not very distant future. So don’t delay! Hand over your filthy cash today!
Don’t forget the bundle lets you install all 3 of our minigames an any combination of operating systems, as often as you need to!